[MUD-Dev] Bay Area Press re: UO, the good the bad and the Ugly.

Rasdan rasdan1 at home.com
Sat Jun 10 09:30:52 CEST 2000

From: "Wes Connell"
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2000 10:52 AM

> On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, rayzam wrote:
> >     Heh, I can completely resound with this one. I also coded a bard
guild,
> > though ages ago. Recently I added the ability for the members to write
their
> > own lyrics for their abilities. And it's gained a lot of praise.
>
> Its been my experience that anything that allows the players to express
> themselves in a way that persists is GOOD. The players will get a sense of
> ownership in the game.

It's my experience that players like the little things much more than the
major code modules. Simple things like color customization and prompts make
their day. I recently added a color scheme so that all information in menus
and help blurbs is in 4 colors and players can set it. They absolutely love
it. Just give them ways to control their environment to their liking and
they'll keep coming back.

Rasdan