[MUD-Dev] Reach out and bitch at someone

David Bennett ddt at discworld.atuin.net
Thu Jun 29 21:03:44 CEST 2000

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, rayzam wrote:

>     The other thing I've noted is that it also correlates with advancement
> in the game. If they're new, they tend to be more arrogant/aggressive. Or if
> they've gained a number of levels/skills/power/what-have-you, and become
> more of a BMOM [big-man-on-mud], they become nastier when dealing with the
> wiz staff. It's strange as I would think they'd have more understanding for
> the staff, but instead they seem to feel more arrogant and 'invincible'.

I would have to say that on Discworld we have almost the opposite trend.
It is the new players who tend to be nasty to the admins.  The older
characters tend to be nice, or they stay the same as always were but
are generaly nicer to admins than to other players...

The people we usualy have the most problem with are the ones that
won't go away...  We have several people who become high level characters
and started harrassing everone online, we delete them.  So they start
another character and do the same thing.  We delete them, site ban them
and they do the same...   We are fighting 4th or 5th generations of
the same trouble makers in some cases.  Sometimes they reform too
though :)

Fighting on the front line,
David.