[MUD-Dev] MUD timeline

Dundee SkeptAck at antisocial.com
Wed Mar 8 17:43:56 CET 2000

"Koster, Raph" <rkoster at origin.ea.com> wrote:
> (The term "shards" from UO seems to have entered the common industry =
vocabulary
> now, which is amusing, since it's so fiction-specific).

Speaking of which, you wouldn't include the UOX/TUS/POL "server =
emulators" in
the MUD timeline?  Or feel it isn't of enough import to mention?

Just thinking, there are a few hundred of the things up now and right now
(and two or three good ones).  A person wanting to setup a graphical mud
doesn't have a better choice (IMO).  Fairly out of touch with the MUD
community and vice versa, as far as I can tell, so maybe that's why they =
tend
to be ignored.

Anyway, found this on the UOX site:

29 September 1997, 01:30 MEST=20
=46irst 2 player session with UOX3!
Wow, just some minutes ago was the first occasion of 2 people logged into
UOX3 simultaneously. Even though it was buggy as hell, at least the basic
concept worked!
	-Cironian m.rating at tu-harburg.de

--=20
http://dundee.uong.com/