[MUD-Dev] CGDC dinner

Derek Snider derek at idirect.com
Thu Mar 16 15:05:45 CET 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "J C Lawrence" <claw at kanga.nu>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 9:46 PM
Subject: Re: [MUD-Dev] CGDC dinner

> It wasn't a long discussion, more a passing commentary by Raph in
> the discussion of streaming world contet (the talk ranged so widely
> it was tough to spend much time, or depth, on anything in
> particular).

> Perhaps Raph could chime back in?

Streaming world content discussion?  Damn!  I've been promoting
that concept for the past few years, and was trying to convince
Raph that it wasn't as difficult as everyone thought last year at
GDC after a session about online communities.  He said something
about that it was the "holy grail" of online gaming.

How many people here are interested in making a streaming 3D
game world a reality?