[MUD-Dev] Gamasutra: Online Justice Systems

David Bennett ddt at discworld.imaginary.com
Thu Mar 23 16:52:06 CET 2000

On 3/23/00, at 2:49 AM, Dundee wrote:

>I ban people and turn a blind eye if they "sneak back in" (even without
the
>$60).  It seems to work:  They act right the second go-around.   Not so
for
>other people?

This works for most people.  Some people are just gits though, they will
try and be annoying with their new characters and continue to do so as
often as they can...  When this happens we usualy site ban the site for a
couple of months.  That usualy makes them loose interest...  Although we
have had cases of people showing up again after this to harrass people
again.

It is somewhat different in a pay mud I guess.  You cannot site ban and it
would be easier to completely remove one person or black list them.

Good luck!
David.