[MUD-Dev] Event Scheduling

Jp Calderone exarkun at flashmail.com
Sat Mar 25 23:54:31 CET 2000

Miroslav Silovic wrote:

> Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt <hhs at cbs.dtu.dk> writes:
>
> > I once saw a lecture covering an eventqueue algorithm running O(log(log(n)))
> > for insertions and O(1) for deletions. My guess would be that it is the
> > implementation of the actual events that will take the time, even if you
> > use a O(log(n)) time event queue, or are my notions wrong?
>
> This sounds VERY interesting. Do you have any specific pointers?

 I have the BRICS paper on a queue that does something close to this,
never got around to implementing it myself, but it looks fairly good.
It's in pdf, or I'd post it here, so I'll email it off-list to anyone
who'd like a look (And maybe JC can stick it in kanga's library).

(Please excuse the un-timeliness of my reply, I am hopelessly behind,
 but can't bring myself to skip any messages :)

 Jp