[MUD-Dev] Online Justice Systems (response to J C)

scott guzman shade2x at writeme.com
Mon Mar 27 18:11:42 CEST 2000

Matthew Mihaly <diablo at best.com> wrote:
> You were banned for repeatedly...

J C Lawrence responded:
> Writing as list owner:
>
>  This thread has the potential for getting personal.  Let's keep
> away from that aspect.

This thread -is- personal, but has a whole lot of potential value as a
topic. Personally, I think that developing a sound mud community is the
most important thing to develop on a mud and I think many people would
agree with me on this. Banning players for unjustified reasons certainly
doesn't help in this regard. Yes, Matthew is saying that he was
justified; I'd like to attempt to show that he wasn't and in the
process, attempt to show that certain practices when thinking of banning
someone are detrimental to the health of a mud. So yes, it's personal,
but I think that that shouldn't detract from the fact that this is a
conversation that would greatly benefit mud-dev. I hope you'll agree..