[MUD-Dev] Gamasutra: Online Justice Systems

Sayeed yu219121 at YorkU.CA
Tue Mar 28 17:42:35 CEST 2000

Wes wrote:
>Although UO characters are "cheap" the current penalty system targets the
>account as a whole. If I have 4 awesome characters and 1 jerk character
>and the jerk character does something to get banned/deleted then the whole
>account is trashed.
>
>This makes the character/account system act almost like a single
>entity. [snip]

Hmmm, if the problem is severe enough to warrant OOC consequences,
I don't see how the account could not be treated as a whole.
Problem being that IC justice systems and responsibility systems
(such as the community), are not able to do so and they may
discourage this sort of behavior before it begins.

Sayeed.