[MUD-Dev] RE:Troublemakers and their M.O.

Tess Lowe tess at realtimecontrol.com
Fri Mar 31 09:51:59 CEST 2000

Lovecraft wrote:
> I created a karma score in Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds
> (www.NexusTK.com).  Although karma is not original to this
> game, it's worth
> viewing to see the difference between intention and
> consequence in game
> design.  TK Karma doesn't reach my naive goal, which would be what
> Theravedic Buddhism teaches of the term kamma.

May I ask in what ways did it fail to reach your goal? Did it have no
effect, or a different effect to that which you hoped for?

I've noticed over time that I've tended to share your "naive" goals, notably
with the player political system in Dark Ages, which was implemented in much
the same way that I would have done it myself.

However, it does seem that no matter how many mistakes of the past that
there are to learn from, I still seem to maintain a high level of naivete
when developing my own world (as Dr Bartle can testify. *grins* ).

~Tess
(once an aisling, always an aisling)