[MUD-Dev] Introduction

Ian C. Smith icsmi2 at student.monash.edu.au
Thu May 11 10:10:38 CEST 2000

Hi

I just thought that I might as well introduce myself - sorry if this is
inappropriate.

I just joined this list after I found the wonderful world of muds about
a month ago and since then have been having immense fun on the
Discworld mud (big Pratchett fan myself).  Anyway, since then I
found out that it is possible to write your own muds (gasp) and I've
been trawling through the net for possible sources of information.

Strangely, I didn't find this list until I searched for "+warriors +guild
+discworld" at www.infind.com :) but I'm glad I did.  I'm fairly
experienced in programming terms, and I'm hoping to begin work
on my own mud after exams with a fellow-Discworld-mudder/co-
university-student.

Anyway, I'm fairly new to both mudding and mud creation
(obviously) so please pardon any stupid things I say :)

I hope that I haven't taken up too much of your time :)

Ian

P.S. - If you are interested, I'm usually on discworld.imaginary.com
as Arestes!