[MUD-Dev] Addressing newbies

Mon May 15 22:58:33 CEST 2000

[adam at treyarch.com:]

> On Thu, 11 May 2000 stoddart at slip.net wrote:
> > Out of curiosity, do you know how new players are discovering your web
> > pages?

> Any other suggestions?

Just post your URL in newsgroups a few times. My site has been indexed
by at least two search engines, and I've done nothing to *try* to get
any publicity. I mostly post in the Lego newsgroup, and very occasionally
in Java or comp.arch stuff, but I doubt it matters - the news crawlers
likely take things from anywhere they can find it. I get the impression
that it took a few weeks for the hits to actually happen - it likely
depends on the size of the work queue for the crawlers.

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
               http://www.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA/cg/