[MUD-Dev] Free Speech

Darren Henderson darren at nighttide.net
Mon May 22 09:57:00 CEST 2000

On Sun, 21 May 2000, Jeff Freeman wrote:

> Anyway... comments?  I'd tell him I reserve the right to ban people for
> ticking me off, but somehow I don't think he'll accept that.

Say "thanks you for your thoughts" and let it go at that, don't engage in
the discussion with him even. Unless you want to of course.

On a different level... most of his examples are not relevant in any sense
that I can see. All the business about the mining town etc is a
non-sequiter. While you can't abridge anyones right to speak their mind
that doesn't mean you have to provide them with the press, mega-phone,
broadcasting time etc etc etc or mud.