[MUD-Dev] What I want, what players want

Darren Henderson darren at nighttide.net
Mon May 29 11:13:44 CEST 2000

:
> which could attract many players.  However, there still would be something
> missing for me, because I would not have created my dream.  Which path
> should I follow?

You have to weight the goals and decide what is more important to
you. However, if you are doing this for you and you're not trying to start
a business...

Seeking fame/adulation/recognition from the masses is much less likely to
succeed (only a mere handfull of garage bands end up selling a million
albums etc) and will probably be less fulfilling to you (less "art" more
lowest common denominator).

Better to have a world you love and take pride in and that 2,10,20, 30 or
a 100 people share with you then to have a place that is populated by
1000's but doesn't scratch your artistic itch. It will be more satisfying
to you by the sounds of it. And as a community we end up with choices
instead of the same old stuff.

Darren Henderson                                  darren at nighttide.net

                   Help fight junk e-mail, visit http://www.cauce.org/