[MUD-Dev] Narratology WAS: Self-Sufficient Worlds

Zak Jarvis zak at voidmonster.com
Mon May 29 11:51:16 CEST 2000

Whoo hoo!  A veritable mine of information. This will take quite a bit of
assimilating, but it does indeed appear to be exactly the general kind of
thing I'm talking about.

(I'm only kicking myself a little bit for not using Google...)

Is anyone on the list aware of these theories having been put to use in a
game medium? It certainly seems to have been a genesis of the Project Oz
stuff, as well as a potential source of inspiration for the Dramatica
folks, and the guy who wrote the book on screenwriting (Story). Sorry for
the imprecision there, I'm writing when I really should be hunting and
killing my first meal of the day. Bagels or pizza usually require a good
deal of mental effort to track, and the physical struggle once found is not
to be underestimated.

-Zak Jarvis
 http://www.voidmonster.com