[MUD-Dev] Narratology WAS: Self-Sufficient Worlds

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Mon May 29 13:52:58 CEST 2000

On Mon, 29 May 2000 11:51:16 -0700
Zak Jarvis <zak at voidmonster.com> wrote:

>> From: J C Lawrence, Lord High MUD-Devdude [claw at kanga.nu]

Eeek.

>> This seems related:
>> And slightly off the beam:
>> A publication:
>> A definition:
> Whoo hoo!  A veritable mine of information. This will take quite a
> bit of assimilating, but it does indeed appear to be exactly the
> general kind of thing I'm talking about.

Aye, one could wander in there for weeks.  I particularly like the
directions that Marie-Laure Ryan takes.  I just wish the heck she
had her documents locally so I didn't have to go hunt them down from
her abstracts (with patchy success).

> Is anyone on the list aware of these theories having been put to
> use in a game medium?

If you look around those URLs there are several documents that start
talking about the possible application to VR/games, but I've yet to
find anything dealing with an actual application there.

Care to make that charge?

> Sorry for the imprecision there, I'm writing when I really should
> be hunting and killing my first meal of the day.

Good point.  I forgot to eat today.  Must go do that.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu