[MUD-Dev] Walking

Batir batir at frontiernet.net
Fri Nov 10 14:58:54 CET 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Philip Loguinov, Draymoor" <fibhufky at erols.com>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2000 6:59 PM
Subject: [MUD-Dev] Walking

> Does anyone know about how far an average person can wak in a day?
> How about forced march? How about a horse?
>
> -Draymoor
>   -Philip Loguinov

US Army Infantry training requires a 20 mile foot march before graduation.
I think we actually did about 25 miles, and at a guess, it took us about 6
hours.  A medieval army would probably walk 12 hours a day, and assuming the
wagons and supplies could keep up, should be able to do 40 miles a day.

I think I would categorize our 25 miles in 6 hours as a forced march.  None
of us would have moved that fast with all our gear if we didn't have to ;-p

Batir,
Strat's & Stat's, UOSS
http://uo.stratics.com