[MUD-Dev] Opinions (even harsh) on Castle Marrach by Skotos?

tanis at mediacom.it tanis at mediacom.it
Tue Nov 14 08:44:00 CET 2000

Java
>applet in IE5.5, as did a number of other people. It was a few days
before I
>managed to get it working on Netscape, but the window is still too small,
>and its hard to read anything more than 10 seconds old.

I had no problems with the login stuff, nor the Java applet even tough I'm
using IE 5.5 too (English version).

>Well, my first problem came when I arrived. There was no one there. I
>suppose this is my own fault - I live in the UK. Printed quite clearly on
>the Marrach web pages it states that the real action is at 3pm-11pm PST.
>That's 11pm-7am for me. Bummer.

This is a problem I'm facing too. I live in Italy and so I've got the same
daytime hours as you and when I login there usually are no more than 2
people online and it's a real pain trying to find them out. And since
there isn't any StoryTeller you've got nothing to do at the time and it
gets annoying.
I think that a fully working combat system (without the need of hosting
characters interaction) and some items to interact with would add a lot to
the game itself.

Valerio Santinelli
tanis at mediacom.it