[MUD-Dev] Official announce of nevrax.org www site

Vincent Archer archer at nevrax.com
Mon Nov 20 09:27:10 CET 2000

I should have sent out a notice earlier, but I was pretty busy, so this
announcement was delayed.

[puts on his official company hat]

We (Nevrax) have opened our free software site at www.nevrax.org. This is
where our game platform will be available. You have the CVS tree of the
code (in its development version - i.e. you get code commited on the fly),
some documentation, mailing list, and all the usual trapping of such a
site.

NeL (Nevrax Library) is the free software platform Nevrax is writing to
run its upcoming MMOG-that-shall-not-be-named-publicly-yet (it took some
people 2 entire days to find it). It's intended to be a SEAK-type game
in an original setting. In-game data will not be release as free software;
we'll provide a sample setting and basic gameplay instead.

[puts off his official company hat]

Don't expect miracles yet. The game is intended to be released in 2002
with a beta in very late 2001, probably early 2002, so the code isn't
spectacular, and definitely not in the state where you download, untar
(there's not even a zip/tar.gz distrib yet; you need CVS to get the source
tree), compile and run a fully featured game. The functional prototype is
expected next month.

--
Vincent Archer                                         Email: archer at nevrax.com

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!