[MUD-Dev] trade skill idea

Corey Crawford myrddin at seventh.net
Wed Oct 4 10:42:56 CEST 2000

I disagree with that. There is at least a sense of "strategy" when it comes to
combat. Take AC for example.. if you want to get the most out of your fighting
skills, you have to know which to use when on what NPC. I'm not going to attack
an NPC who's resistant to fire with a flaming sword! Taking it further, since
I'm a spell caster on AC, I must pick a good place to place myself in relation
to my intended victim.. making sure I have a clear path to run away, that
there's nothing in the way that could intercept my casted spell, and also to
make sure that I won't suddenly be pounced on by an angry mob of alerted NPCs..
among other things.

It -can- take some mental skill and strategy. But it also works even if you
don't care.. just not as well. And true, it mainly depends on level (or stats)
and equipment.. which isn't a bad thing in the correct proportions.. but there
should always be a strategic element to combat.

					-[ SNIP ]-
> -Josh Olson

I disagree with this as well. There are many people out there who DO enjoy their
job & hobbies. Maybe you don't, but I, for one, do. I think trade skills should
be interesting, and, most importantly, useful. Generally though, I agree with
most of what you are saying ;)

:)

---
Corey Crawford | myrddin at seventh.net | www.seventh.net