[MUD-Dev] Realistic travel times/virtual terrain

Richard Tew richard.tew at wiredgroup.com
Sun Oct 15 08:53:01 CEST 2000

> From: Matthew Mihaly [mailto:the_logos at achaea.com]
> 95% of muds are definitely started for ego as far as I can tell, but I
> said that the muds with 75% of the players are done for commercial
> reasons. The combined playerbases of UO, Everquest, Asheron's Call,

Ok.  Sorry about that.

> Kingdom of the Winds, Dragonrealms, and so on is at least,=20
> I'd esimate,
> 75% of the mudding population.

I am not going to argue the definition of mudding, but I don't consider
that relevant.  Graphical muds are in a completely different area to my
text based mud and I don't read mud as including them - not by choice,
but subconsciously by what I understand as the definition of mud.

Its interesting that I write the term "Graphical mud" though.

Richard.