[MUD-Dev] Admin: We're back in business

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Oct 19 20:53:24 CEST 2000

Writing a host:

  Well, that dead drive sure mashed a lot of files.

  Given the recent system instability after the drive died (see
some time identifying more than 50 corrupted files.  Sad.  I've
replaced every binary on the system from known good sources, and
moved most partitions over to ReiserFS (http://www.namesys.com/, a
B* balanced tree based transactional filesystem).  Last night the
system spent running various stress tests, system integrity and
network tests etc to see if I could make something break.  Nothing
broke.  This afternoon I ran the box back up to Zocalo, and well, it
should be very happy now.  Certainly the log files look happy.

  I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                               Other: coder at kanga.nu
http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/        Keys etc: finger claw at kanga.nu