[MUD-Dev] Are eBay sales more than just a fad?

Eli Stevens wickedgrey at wickedgrey.com
Fri Sep 15 20:54:05 CEST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Mihaly" <the_logos at achaea.com>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2000 4:37 PM
Subject: Re: [MUD-Dev] Are eBay sales more than just a fad?

> On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Eli Stevens wrote:
>
> > It was my impression that the very desirable items were not available
> > in-game at all.  The only way that I thought you could get the really
good
> > stuff was to pay for it.  There is no camping because there is nothing
> > camp for - you want something good, you "just" shell out the dough.  :)
>
> That's basically correct. Our player vs. mobile combat is crap. I have
> never been motivated to make it interesting, as the large groups of
> mobiles are there basically to be harvested by the players for xp, like a
> job. Hardly any mobs even have equipment that you can get from them. That
> is obtained either by purchasing it from the players who can make it, or
> from NPC shopkeepers.
>
> I should also point out again that SOMEONE has to buy the credits which
> are used to buy the items/skills. But that someone doesn't have to be you,
> as there is a thriving market of selling credits for gold/standard items
> that are in short supply.

Out of curiosity, does Achaea impose any sort of tax on player to player
trades of that nature?  If there is a surcharge/tax on credit transfers, how
much is it?  Do players complain?  Would you say that more credits flow
between player than from player to the game, or the other way around?

Just wondering...  :)

<//> Silence is golden           RUIN, v.  To destroy.            <\\>
 ||  Eli                         Specifically, to destroy a maid's ||
 ||  wickedgrey at wickedgrey.com   belief in the virtue of maids.    ||
<\\> www.wickedgrey.com            -- Ambrose Bierce              <//>