[MUD-Dev] Are eBay sales more than just a fad?

Matthew Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Fri Sep 15 21:37:57 CEST 2000

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Eli Stevens wrote:

> [...]

That's basically correct. Our player vs. mobile combat is crap. I have
never been motivated to make it interesting, as the large groups of
mobiles are there basically to be harvested by the players for xp, like a
job. Hardly any mobs even have equipment that you can get from them. That
is obtained either by purchasing it from the players who can make it, or
from NPC shopkeepers.

I should also point out again that SOMEONE has to buy the credits which
are used to buy the items/skills. But that someone doesn't have to be you,
as there is a thriving market of selling credits for gold/standard items
that are in short supply.

--matt