[MUD-Dev] paying volunteers

Jeff Freeman SkeptAck at antisocial.com
Sat Sep 23 15:15:22 CEST 2000

From: "Geoffrey MacDougall" <geoffrey at yorku.ca>
> like NVN.  The second company is a nfp entertainment group.  The first
> company makes and designs the materials required to access and play games
> with your friends - the equivalent of TSR selling AD&D books.  The company
> also charges a $10/month licensing fee, that entitles you to free updates.
    [snippage]
> Can anyone with more knowledge of business law explain whether or not this
> would work?

Ah, this reminds me of the RPGA.   Is anyone familiar with how that works?
IIRC, you pay $20 to join, it's run by TSR (or WotC now I guess), but the
RPGA members "work" conventions and the like.  I think it is setup as two
seperate sorts of things, and you don't have to be a member to participate
in (many) RPGA functions at conventions and the like (specially ones
demo'ing new stuff), but I don't recall if the RPGA is a NFP.  If so, it
sounds close to what you're describing.