[MUD-Dev] Re: [rpg-create] HP triangle (fwd)

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Sat Sep 23 21:19:51 CEST 2000

More detail:

------- Forwarded Message
To: Nathan E Banks Paganini <rpg-create at egroups.com>
From: Travis Casey <efindel at earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:08:33 -0400
Subject: Re: [rpg-create] HP triangle

Wednesday, September 20, 2000, 10:15:56 AM, Nathan E Banks Paganini
<paganini at madisontelco.com> wrote:

> Wednesday, September 20, 2000, 7:08:28 AM, Klaus wrote:

KFM>> One bad thing is that there may be some skill to placing damage the optimal
KFM>> way, which makes a character played by skilled players better able to
KFM>> handle damage than teh same character played by an unskilled player.

> You can avoid this with a simple damage rule that ensures damage is
> always allocated in the same way. I think Travis' version said that
> you always put the damage in the shortest row that had room, or,
> failing that, in the shortest row.

Almost.  My version was that you put damage in the shortest row that
has room, favoring rows closer to the top (the way that Klaus drew it),
or, failing that, in the row that will cause least overflow.

- --
       |\      _,,,---,,_    Travis S. Casey  <efindel at earthlink.net>

------- End of Forwarded Message

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu