[MUD-Dev] FW: [uodevlist] OT - Lawsuit on Lum's

Dave Rickey daver at mythicgames.com
Mon Sep 25 14:16:07 CEST 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Freeman <skeptack at antisocial.com>

>Uhm... no.  The players in an online game are a community.  The counselors
>are another community.  The difference is that one of those "communities"
>is directed by the game company.  If the company's business model depends
>on that second community then there's a problem with the business model.

    I disagree, in part.  I don't believe the volunteer programs have been
treated well.  I think they've been exploited rather badly, and that we're
going to have to reintegrate the volunteer programs with the games for them
to work well.

>Wow, if that's the customer service goal for Dark Age of Camelot, it's
>probably a good thing you guys don't have a website.

    It's hardly our goal, and hardly what we're aiming for.  But depending
on what happens with these suits, it may be what we wind up with for *all*
OLRPG's.  And that was rather a cheap shot about the web site.

--Dave Rickey