[MUD-Dev] Player Manipulation of Environment

Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt hhs at cbs.dtu.dk
Thu Dec 6 15:32:30 CET 2001

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Ling Lo wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt wrote:

>> I think that you simply need more genes to make your point better.

>>    A damage gene.
>>    A extra attack gene (bite, etc).
>>    A speed gene.
>>    An agressive gene.
>>    A flee gene.
>>    A size gene.
>>    A magic gene for spell XX.
>>    A weaponuser gene.
>>    A item gene (example; carries a sword).
>>    A magic resistance gene.
>>    A good hide gene (armor+price).

>> I would say that for this to work, they should not be excluding
>> eachother (at least not all).

> There ought to be associated development and maintenance cost for
> each of these.  Developing an extra head to bite costs time and
> energy and more again to maintain that extra chunk of biomass.

In a hack'n'slash game i'd simply let it 'cost' the rabbit that it
became more worth for the players to kill it. Let the players _be_
the preassure on the population (since thats the way it is anyway).

Hans Henrik Stærfeldt   |    bombman at diku.dk    | work:  hhs at cbs.dtu.dk      |
Address:                |___  +45 40383492    __|__       +45 45252425     __|
DTU, Kemitorvet,        | Scientific programmer at Center for Biological     |
bygn 208, CBS.          |  Sequence Analysis, Technical University of Denmark|