[MUD-Dev] MUD implementation issues.

Bruce Mitchener bruce at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 15 01:02:04 CET 2001

Hello Marcus,

Marcus Johansson wrote:

> Is there any web site out there that discusses implementation of
> MUD systems? I mean algorithms, data-structures, script-language
> runtime interaction with the MUD database etc. Most sites seem to
> regard MUD world development as opposed to the technical aspects
> of MUD servers.

I've been away on vacation and in the midst of catching up on email.
I saw that others have already pointed you towards a site that I've
started.  I hope that you'll find things there that interest you and
to which you may want to contribute.

But, your questions are relatively unstructured above.  Is there
some specific thing or subject area that you're interested in seeing
discussed or investigated?  There's a lot of good ground in those
topics that hasn't been well addressed on the list (or elsewhere).
What sort of MUD are you looking to create?  What are your
guidelines or restrictions?

Or are you more interested in a "Build your own MUD server in 21
days" type discussion?

  - Bruce