[MUD-Dev] MUD implementation issues.

Jonathan Berling jonberling at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 22:13:29 CET 2001

> Bruce Mitchener <bruce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> I've been away on vacation and in the midst of catching up on
> email. I saw that others have already pointed you towards a site
> that I've started.  I hope that you'll find things there that
> interest you and to which you may want to contribute.

I checked out your site and found it very useful. :)

> Is there some specific thing or subject area that you're
> interested in seeing discussed or investigated?  There's a lot of
> good ground in those topics that hasn't been well addressed on the
> list (or elsewhere). What sort of MUD are you looking to create?
> What are your guidelines or restrictions?

> Or are you more interested in a "Build your own MUD server in 21
> days" type discussion?

What I'd really like to see is a UML diagram, Use Cases, flowcharts,
or anything depicting what a simple hack 'n slash mud server might
like. Does something like this exist for public viewing on the net?

I would like to make a mud server in my spare time but I'm having
trouble figuring out where to start, and learning from others well
planned actions/mistakes is always preferable to fumbling through it
myself.

Jonathan