[MUD-Dev] MMORPGs & MUDs

Michael Tresca talien at toast.net
Thu Dec 20 08:14:29 CET 2001

Koster, Raph posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 10:47 AM

> That's not a player, that's an industry critic and consultant. :)

D'oh!  Okay, going forward, I'll be sure to ignore the opinions of
anyone who plays a MMORPG and is:

  1) a developer
  2) game designer
  3) industry critic
  4) consultant
  5) role-players...

because they don't represent the "average" player.  Hmm, that pretty
much invalidates everyone's opinion on here. >:)

Of course, part of the problem is how can anyone take any criticism
of any MMORPG seriously when the only screen is a credit card.

I think I should turn this into a song.  I'm getting delirious
saying it over and over.

Normally, from a customercentric perspective, I'd say every paying
customer's opinion is awfully darned significant.  But when there's
millions playing them, it gets easier to ignore the dissenting
opinions.  It's not like they'll be prevented from playing.

Mike "Talien" Tresca
RetroMUD Administrator
http://www.retromud.org/talien