[MUD-Dev] MMORPGs & MUDs

David Bennett ddt at discworld.imaginary.com
Thu Dec 20 10:55:35 CET 2001

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Marc Bowden wrote:

> For what it's worth, Mike, I agree with the basic tenet of your
> essay - I was part of both TMI and TMI-2 and I'll maintain that
> the reason they folded up was because it became less about running
> an ammusement park and more about seeing who could make the most
> complicated and 'cool' changes to the backbone system to impress
> his fellows.

I think they failed because they decided to concentrate on mudlib
design issues rather than their original idea of making it a
learning mud.  So they gave off two contradictory ideas.

They also based the mudlib on several very flawed ideas, which
didn't help :) Despite my arguments against it.  No one ever listens
to me :)

Wombles!
David.