[MUD-Dev] The Problem With "Massive"

Michael Tresca talien at toast.net
Thu Dec 20 18:08:06 CET 2001

I only briefly touched on the issues with MMORPGs in terms of
administration, which built on how Matt felt was the "right way" to
run a MUD.  It's small, it's cozy, and people feel like they're
getting the special attention they deserve.

I did not focus on what this means for the MMORPG industry.  I think
this article sums up quite nicely the incredible task of taking on
SO many griefers, clueless, twinks, wankers, and oh yeah, average
players:

  http://www.skotos.net/articles/BTH_01.html

Yes, this one's by Jessica Mulligan too.

Mike "Talien" Tresca
RetroMUD Administrator
http://www.retromud.org/talien