[MUD-Dev] Sex and MUDs...

the_sage2000 at juno.com the_sage2000 at juno.com
Sun Dec 23 12:05:11 CET 2001

This is a very controversial subject.  I'm not sure if this list has
discussed this before, but, honestly, it's something that should be
addressed.  A lot of MUDs forbid sexual activity on their MUDs,
while some encourage it.  How are you going to have a real RPG
without the option of having sex with someone?  A lot of MUDs today
are battling over which one is the closest to what a human can
actually do, yet they still don't have the simple option of having
sex.  Now, I realize that A lot of people from the age of 8-17 are
playing MUDs these days (hell, some at the age of 8 are coding on
MUDs!), but you can always have warning signs before they enter your
MUD (yeah, right, like that's going to stop 'em).  And, what if you
get gripped at by other MUDs?  Should you actually code it into the
MUD? Or just let them roleplay and say when someone confronts you
about it say, "I can't stop them!"?

Anyone else have something to add to this topic?