[MUD-Dev] Ray Feist interview

Lee Sheldon linearno at gte.net
Tue Jan 9 11:07:57 CET 2001

Travis,

I'm not really disagreeing here.  Your examples just reminded me of
the following.

Trying to apply the paper RPG analogy to larger scale MUDs is
dangerous because in online games you sit side by side with strangers.
We carefully police our RPGs at the kitchen table, making sure that
the other participants are of a like-roleplaying bent, and have the
necessary level of savoir faire to contribute to the entertainment.
It's easy to throw somebody out of your MUD for sexual harrassment.
It's harder to throw them out because their role-player or
storytelling instincts aren't all that great.

Lee