[MUD-Dev] "Men are from Quake, Women are from Ultima"

Willowreed at aol.com Willowreed at aol.com
Fri Jan 12 19:57:10 CET 2001

<EdNote: Duplicate HTML copy removed>

In a message dated 1/12/2001 2:30:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rkoster at verant.com writes:

> Interesting, Raph. Since the design element bias was eliminated, do

>> you think the small number of women that turned out was due to the
>> smallish population of women gamers versus men, or did it stem from
>> how the society at UO evolved?

> Both. Fewer women adopters because of audience bias, followed by
> their being chased away in droves by playerkilling.

i have to agree with this.  not trying to sound sexist (i am a woman
myself), but personally, i don't like PK and PvP games as much as the
men i know do.  player killing is just not 'fun' for me.

but then i am more of MOO-er than a MUD-er :)

wils