[MUD-Dev] Server stability (was: Player statistics)

Chris Jones cjones at v-wave.com
Sat Jan 13 16:09:08 CET 2001

Bruce wrote:
> While not in the realm of 16000 users/server at all, MOO and Cold are
> both very stable.
>
> Both have servers that have run for a year or so under usage without
> crashing or any other problems.

	As a data point, Lambda MOO's current uptime is about a month and a
half, with somewhere between 100 and 300 users at any time throughout
the day.  I believe their last downtime was due to some OS upgrades, but
I could be wrong on that.  As another datapoint, the MOO I run has an
uptime of just under 4 months right now, with the last downtime due to a
power outage.  Of course, it's got a much smaller database and lower
usage than
Lambda.