[MUD-Dev] Announcing: Pan

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Mon Jan 15 14:59:07 CET 2001

<<CC'ed to pan>>

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:52:35 -0500
Kyndig  <kyndig at InfoAve.Net> wrote:

> I've been steadily working on something very much akin to what you
> mention in this email. If you need assistance, I'd really enjoy
> putting my efforts to assisting in the further development of this
> new avenue your site will be taking.

Assistance is greatly welcome.  At this point disucssion is
happening over on the Pan list:

I should get a base design overview posted in the next couple days.

> PHP/MySQL?

VMWare for the execution environments, Postgres (need ACID),
Apache/PHP for the web presentation, BitKeeper (SCM), CVW for the
base environment, Mailman for the lists, wikiWiki, etc and then
masses of custom glue logic.

The primary interface will be CVW (which will need a web interface
glued on).  From there execution environments are forked as VMWare
sessions on client systems sitting on a local private network.  Glue
logic handles the port filtering, compilation, configuration,
execution, and reaping of sessions.  Etc etc etc.

All the basic bits are there.  What's needed is glue and integration
logic.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu