[MUD-Dev] RE: Baking Bread

Lord Ashon ashon at wsunix.wsu.edu
Wed Jan 17 09:49:21 CET 2001

Hello Sie Ming!

I read your article that you posted to the UO.STRATICS Editorial page
and was interested in what was on your mind.  I have spent many hours
thinking about crafting skills in games and was wondering how you
proposed to have it work.  Your list of requirements to satisfy Bakers
is good and I agree with it completely.  But, what I was wondering and
is the purpose of this email is to find out how you propose it be
implemented.

  How do we make it uncomplicated but at the same time non-repetitive?
  How do we make it so that the bakers are significantly diverse?
  How do we keep players from flooding the market?

These are questions that I feel need to be answered but I have never
seen any satisfactory answer to them.  It has been debated by game
designers, but as you point out there is no multi-player game that
exist that successfully entices the bakers.  If you could share your
thoughts on this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
-Lord Ashon

P.S.  I cc'd this email to the MUD-DEV mail list.  It is a game design
mail list that deals with online games.