[MUD-Dev] An Idea... Mud Development Framework

John Buehler johnbue at msn.com
Wed Jan 17 23:03:43 CET 2001

Justin Rogers writes:

> Last I checked Visual Studio didn't integrate too well with a home
> brewed scripting language either.

Just as there are execution interfaces that permit anyone to write
their own scripting language, there are authoring interfaces related
to scripting that are used by Visual Studio.  Dunno how public they
are, but I do know that they're kinda hairy to implement.  Debugging
interfaces too.  I don't believe there's anything private about the
interfaces that are used to get the Javascript and VBScript languages
to work - at any level.

Just an FYI.

JB, former Visual Studio developer