[MUD-Dev] Experience System Differences

rayzam rayzam at home.com
Sun Jan 21 15:24:36 CET 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Chambers" <bjchambers at phoenixdsl.com>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2001 9:41 PM
Subject: Re: [MUD-Dev] Experience System Differences

> I have been working on writing a kind of concept for it for many
> weeks and soon hope to begin work on coding.  To see the ideas got
> http://aexeon.virtualave.net, tell me what you think...  >

It's interesting. If you hide the stat numbers, I'd still suggest
having word descriptions, possibly built into looking at a person. You
can tell by looking if they look strong or weak, lumbering or quick
[within some gross range and with some area for error or being
surprised]. This may also work better with your goal of wanting more
role-playing. Autogenerated description of statistics avoids someone
describing themself as a puny sickly looking guy, and having the
opposite in statistics.

    Rayzam