[MUD-Dev] Project Entropia

John Vanderbeck agathorn at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jan 22 09:19:50 CET 2001

J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jan 2001 20:30:25 -0800
> J  C Lawrence <claw at kanga.nu> wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Jan 2001 19:32:47 -0800 Christopher Allen
>> <ChristopherA at skotos.net> wrote:

>>> What is the game design list? Does it mainly focus on 3d-games?

>> Its been mentioned half a dozen times or so on the list:

>>   gamedesign at mail.digicom.com

> Half a dozen is rather high.  Several yes, but not that many.  I've
> been probing for list server and subscribe addreses without much
> response so far (as I did last time this came up).

The Game Design list was a list I started some 3 or 4 years ago, to
provide a forum for discussing game design in a general sense, without
being bogged down in code and platform specifics.  It was originally
started as a branch from GameDev, which was a great list but was more
of a programmers forums, and focused heavily on 3d.

The game design is not constrained to any type of game or any
platform.  Unfortunately I will be the first to admit that I did not
admin it well.  I dissapeared suddenly for a couple years for
personall reasons, but thankfully the company that was hosting it kept
it running in my absence.  The email address above is incorrect,
although it was at one time :) The list was originally on Digicom, but
that company did nothing but take money from me and give me crappy
service in return.  One of the companies on the list, Incagold,
graciously picked up hosting of the list in '98, and it as lived there
ever since.

If you would like to subscribe to the list, go to:

You will see a subscription form, the Game Design list is the 3rd one
on the bottom.

In regards to the Project Entropia discussion, I will put together the
emails I have into a nice discussion and post it here, because
archives of the list aren't available online anywhere.  I never got
around to setting such a thing up.

- John Vanderbeck