[MUD-Dev] Re: MUD-Dev digest, Vol 1 #289 - 8 msgs

Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt hhs at cbs.dtu.dk
Wed Jan 24 13:34:17 CET 2001

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001 the_logos at www.achaea.com wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Dr. Cat wrote:

> Certainly the only time I've ever found a cybercafe useful is when
> I've been in a foreign city sans laptop.

I've found them of interrest when you want to play games like RTS or
FPS against a couple of friends. Yes, it can be done from each of our
homes, but its simply a lot nice to be able to meet them face-to-face
after beating them (or being beaten) after a game.

This may hold for MUD's as well, where communication interface may be
more advanced than the latter games, but still do not beat shouting
across the room for your friends to come and help out.

Playing games this way makes for a much more social setting.

Hans Henrik Stærfeldt   |    bombman at diku.dk    | work:  hhs at cbs.dtu.dk      |
Address:                |___  +45 40383492    __|__       +45 45252425     __|
DTU, Kemitorvet,        | Scientific programmer at Center for Biological     |
bygn 208, CBS.          |  Sequence Analysis, Technical University of Denmark|