[MUD-Dev] When Do We Get the "Right" to Privacy?

Koster Koster
Thu Jan 25 08:38:26 CET 2001

come down on us. :)

> Are we going, as the adult internet industry is, toward requiring
> credit data just for legal reasons (I know, I seriously doubt that's
> the only reason sites of that sort want your credit card number
> too... but I've never tried their services to confirm that
> suspicion) and perhaps restricting features for people who couldn't
> prove their age?

"It would play well in Peoria."

> I don't even know if cybersex is a real concept on a graphical
> mud... how would it...?

Yes, it's extremely common, and I see a lot of Furry terms for it
transplanted over to Asheron's Call in particular. It works exactly
like it does ona text mud--the pictures are irrelevant. Then again, in
the graphical games, the pictures are irrelevant for many aspects
(combat, conversation, etc).

> Dr. Cat?  I know it isn't something you officially acknowledge, but,
> is it an issue?  Would, for example, a parent proving that their 13
> year old daughter had played out some cybersex scenario on Furcadia
> leave you open to legal action?

Open to it, yes. Whether you'd lose the case, I dunno, never been
tested.

-Raph