[MUD-Dev] System burps and outages

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Sat Jan 27 21:54:27 CET 2001

Writing as list owner:

  Kanga.Nu burped last night, fairly hard.  I'm still investigating
  the exact causes (the early indications are a kernel VM bug
  which was exacerbated by MySQL, but I haven't proven that yet).

  The immediately observable effect was that the MUD-Dev, Meta,
  IRead, and Library lists started refusing posts, reporting
  that "Mailman has hit a bug."  Thanks for the alerts on the
  problem you guys (you know who you are), That problem is now
  fixed and the lists are accepting posts again.  If you are one of
  the one's that had a message bounce, please resend it.

  I'll do a moderation pass in a few hours when I've verified
  correctness in the databases a bit further.

  If any other services are out, please drop me a note (it will help
  me priorise, it will also help give me an early shoppi9ng list of
  things to investigate).

  It looks like its going to be a long weekend.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu