[MUD-Dev] Maintaining fiction.

SavantKnowsAll at cs.com SavantKnowsAll at cs.com
Tue Jun 5 01:10:16 CEST 2001

In a message dated 6/4/01 3:57:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time, shren at io.com
writes:

> I play a game where I can permanently lose my character.  Try not to
> speak in such broad generalizations when they arn't true.

Which game is that, if I may ask?  What are the total subscribers?
And what is the fee?

You can always point to the exception to the rule and say, "Try not to
speak in such broad generalizations when they aren't true."  But the
exception doesn't discount the rule.

The truth of the matter is, people won't pay for lost investments.
Sure, a very niche market might, but permadeath -- in reality -- is
not a feature you can realistically have - if you want to be a
profitable venture, that is.