[MUD-Dev] Maintaining fiction.

SavantKnowsAll at cs.com SavantKnowsAll at cs.com
Wed Jun 6 01:22:39 CEST 2001

jfreeman at verant.com writes:

>  Which brings us to the obvious solution to the problem: Don't tie
>  advancement (solely) to the character.

That brings up a good question: How do we offer a game, with an
associated montly fee of course, where advancement does not tie
solely to the character? The biggest draw to a persistant world is
that your character advances and remains - persistant.  Even the
socializer likes having the trinkets and "ownership" that come with
the persistance.  So how do we tie persistance without the
character?  And when/if we do come up with this solution, isn't the
true meaning of permadeath that you lose absolutely everything and
have to start over? --thus bringing us back to the original point?

Daniel