[MUD-Dev] off-line pk

Dave Rickey daver at mythicentertainment.com
Wed Jun 6 13:25:53 CEST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Koster, Raph <rkoster at verant.com>

We're not even as bad off as P&P was in the late 70's, early 80's.
I had to mail-order modules for the original D&D because the after
the preachers (and 60 Minutes) got through regaling the
congregations with tales of its evils, only 3 stores in the entire
state of Montana carried them, all in cities more than 200 miles
away from me.  Yes, Montana is kind of the back of beyond, but
before the witch-hunt started you could buy them in in any college
town (I lived in one at the time, and that's where I bought the
rulebooks).

When Jerry Falwell is calling on all Good Christians everywhere to
boycott CompUSA until they pull all games with "Occult Influences",
then we'll be in real trouble.

--Dave Rickey