[MUD-Dev] Neverwinter Nights

Valerio Santinelli tanis at mediacom.it
Fri Jun 8 08:40:47 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee Sheldon" <linearno at gte.net>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 6:38 PM
Subject: RE: [MUD-Dev] Neverwinter Nights

> Both EQ and AC allow you to change camera angles.  I was
> describing the ones I prefered.  True, your choices are limited,
> but I've never seen the advantage of allowing players to choose
> -any- angle they wished.

If I remember well, there was a game that actually let you change
your viewing angle freely.. maybe it was Soul Reaver, but I'm not
sure about it.  What I liked of this feature was that I could see my
character even from his front while I was running around a level. I
know that it's clumsy and not exactly comfortable for controlling
the character itself, but it was fun!

I guess that there are other people like me who like to be able to
see their character from whatever perspective. And having the
possibility to even being 1st person as well as having a 3rd person
view means that more people would like to play that game and not
just throw it away because it features a viewing angle they don't
like.

--
Valerio Santinelli
HateSeed.com Founder (http://www.hateseed.com)