[MUD-Dev] off-line pk

Dave Rickey daver at mythicentertainment.com
Fri Jun 8 10:07:02 CEST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Willowreed at aol.com <Willowreed at aol.com>
> In a message dated 6/6/01 12:20:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> daklozar at home.com writes:

>> As a participant in the development of a new breed of online game
>> - I'm really worried (scared) that _witch_hunts_ are just around
>> the corner.  The law-suit in Colorado is a glimpse of what is to
>> come...

> I must have missed a few posts..which lawsuit is that?

I would presume he means the suit by the parents of a few of the
Columbine victims, who are suing (along with half the rest of the
entertainment industry and the parents of the shooters) iD software
for "Contributory Negligence" in making Doom.  Since the other
corporate defendants have very deep pockets and plenty of precedent
on their side, it's possible iD may wind up the only company left to
pay up in the end.

--Dave Rickey