[MUD-Dev] off-line pk

Koster Koster
Tue Jun 12 08:08:21 CEST 2001

There is some fear that games rated M will fail to find sufficient
market because of the "no M games" policies of retailers such as
WalMart and Target. I am not entirely sure that forcing triple-A
titles to not rely on the things that make them M is such a bad idea
for the industry--there is a lot of over-reliance on those
elements. :)

> I agree, if there were a Games Code Authority all the major games
> publishers would have to conform to it. But in today's world you
> _could_ ignore such a code and still get your work to an audience
> large enough to sustain it via the web, napster, etc.

Yup. I still go back to my original statement, that

We'd need to be that vilified in order for those alternative
channels to go away (or go underground).

-Raph